Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Transformation from Baby to Toddler

It happens to all mommies.  That day when you realize suddenly how big your "baby" is now, and then, all of a sudden, he's not so much of a baby any longer.  It is bitter sweet for me, usually.  It is fascinating and often hilarious as a child begins to develop language rapidly, and starts running and interacting with others around them.  But it can be a little sad to realize the baby months are over already.  And then there is the extra effort that this stage of development requires as the child learns to test boundaries and assert his own will.  With Nathanael, though, this time, it is mostly sweet.  His baby months were rather difficult so I am not as sad as usual to see them go.  I love to see his siblings interacting with him more and more.  And I guess I am getting used to the extra effort at discipline.  And I am realizing that the effort is worth it, because if you teach them to obey at an early age, the older years are much more peaceful and enjoyable.  unfortunately, I learned some of that the hard way.  But this post is about celebrating this transition... so here is my cutie in the midst of transformation.

Close-up from April at a campout.

Super Baby Nathanael, copying his brothers.  I think  Silas helped dress him.  Nathanael really loves Silas.  He lights up and calls his name when he walks in the room. :) 

Caught Red Handed... and messy!  I was making breakfast and had put these pancake fixings on the table.  Nathanael had gone right in, climbed up in the chair and helped himself to the bowl of yogurt.  It was ALL over him and the table and the chair!  He had eaten half of it before I even noticed.  It was too funny to be mad about, even though it did make quite a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment