Monday, August 10, 2009

Hard Pressed by not Crushed!

Well, for those of you who read the Aug 1 blog "Overwhelmed" here is the update. God was so good to me as I cried out to Him for his eyes and his heart for my kids. As usually happens when I take my eyes off of me and my circumstances and fix them on Jesus, my perspective is corrected and put into clearer focus. I had a fabulous day following that blog and though the days that have followed have not all been easy, my outlook and attitude (perspective!!! I love that word) is better. I keep seeking the Lord and his joy and grace for each day. I was very encouraged as I reread Scriptures like " We are had pressed on every side but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair... Therefore we do not lose heart..." 2 Corinthians 4:7-18 Paul knew how I was feeling! He had experienced it. Not with his kids, but his other daily circumstances. And my life is no less important to God than his, though it is less "famous." One of our favorite singers at IHOP (International House of Prayer) in Kansas City sings this line, "If I don't give up, I win!" Endurance and staying faithful to the end is a theme all through Scripture. So even when I am struggling and God seems so far away, I'm not going to give up. I will keep seeking the Awesome God who made me and loves me! I will keep singing to Him and waiting on him, putting my hope in God alone. See Psalm 33!! It's one of my favs!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment