Friday, August 21, 2009

school!


Well, the Trimble crew has a boy in public school! We have a great kindergarten program in this county and we have a very energetic little boy, who when coupled with his little brother gets into too much mischief or too much wrestling when I am doing school work with the girls. So we decided after much thought and prayer to put Keenan in Kindergarten! He started last Thursday and really enjoys it! He is so cute! I enjoy having a few quiet minutes in the mornings with just him (and sometimes Silas). He even likes riding the bus... to school, not home from school :) He says its too hot on the bus in the afternoons. We like that he is only at school for 3 hours. Adjusting to the schedule so strictly is a little bit of a stretch for me. I am used to being able to roll with whatever may be happening that day. Our homeschool schedule is somewhat flexible. But public school doesn't care that the baby was up all night, or that church went really late the night before, or that friends are coming from out of town for just one day. The bus still comes at 7 am sharp, Monday through Friday. I know that many, many others have surrendered themselves to the public school schedule for years of their lives. I just don't like someone else telling me exactly when and where I have to be so often. Anyway, we are doing well with it and looking forward to a fun year, both at kindergarten and with the girls at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment