Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thoughts from a Pligrim's heart, part 1

These are some thoughts from recent times at the House of Prayer, just sitting in God's Presence.
*Worship is like sweet smelling incense, first to God, who is most worthy!  But as I pour out worship from my heart, it brings the fragrance of worship everywhere I go.  Lord, teach me to pour out this incense, break my vial of worship all over my home that it would change me and change the atmosphere of my home.
*Thoughts from 1 Peter 1:  Pilgrims, God's elect... this wer are!  In this- begotten again, new, offered a solid living hope of eternal life and honor- in the we greatly rejoice! And even in this rejoicing, there is temporary grief, various trials, testing of my most precious faith.  Grief and rejoicing, difficulty and joy, peace and pain-- mixed like oil and water.  As I sojourn, I walk by faith, embracing the trials as a means to purification that results in resurrection and life, joy eternal!!
*v 8 "Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible" 
The foundation I stand on is unseen, even to me.  I can feel it (most of the time) but I cannot see it.  The treasure for which I have sold my life is buried deep and I long to lay my eyes on it, touch it, but for now I wait in faith!  As I dig, I get gems, tastes of what is to come.  He has not left me orphaned!  He has given me treasure, a deposit, to keep me til the end.  He has put oil in my lamp and continues to do so as I come to Him, until the Bridegroom comes and the lamp is no longer necessary.  My faith WILL one day become sight!  Though I do not see him, I love Him!  And I will recieve the goal of my faith, the salvation of my soul!!

1 comment:

  1. such a blessing! I heard similar lyrics in the ihop prayerroom n i've been searching for the song since.lyrics were something like:
    "I break my vial, pour out incense, to worship you"
    Where can I listen to the song?

    ReplyDelete